The ECOMAP ambitions are:
1) to address questions over different time scales using the plankton genomic observatory at Roscoff-Astan time-series combining high-throughput acquisition of advanced microscopic and multi-omics approaches (metabarcoding, metagenomics and metatranscriptomics) and fully capitalize on the strong expertise in taxonomy, imaging and functional diversity existing in the team and to a larger extent at the Station Biologique (e.g. Mer & Plongée and platform facilities).
2) to explore geographical distribution of marine planktonic species (diversity and functions) using large scales datasets such as Tara-Oceans, Malaspina, Tara-Polar Circle, Tara-Pacific, Tara-Microbiomes (2020-22) and other dedicated oceanographic cruises (ANR Tonga, Moose network, ANR Green Edge, SWINGS cruise).
We combine culture-dependent approaches developed in close association with the Roscoff Culture Collection with meta-omics on the whole community and/or single-cell genomic data (i.e. single amplified genomes) to access the transcriptomes/genomes of uncultivated organisms and to obtain a more complete view of microbial community functions and dynamics. We also develop expertise databases such as the ones dedicated to protists [UniEuk, universal taxonomic framework for eukaryotes; PR2, 18S rRNA region; Aquasymbio, symbiotic associations], microalgae (PhytoREF, plastidial 16S rRNA), proteorhodopsin (PR)-containing photoheterotrophic bacteria (MicRhoDE, PR gene) and cyanobacteria (CyanoDB, petBgene).
- ANR PHENOMAP (2020-24)
- SAD IMASTAN (Région Bretagne, 2019-21)
- SAD ROSKOBAZ (Région Bretagne, 2018-20)
- EC2CO CYCLOBS (2018-19)
- ANR Green Edge (2014-2020)
- TaxMArc (2017-2020)
We will be happy to share our expertise in the frame of large scale projects