Main scientific interests
• Diversity/taxonomy of marine parasites
• Intra- and inter- genetic variability and dynamics of blooming microalgae and their parasites.
• Evolutionary processes
• PR2 (https://figshare.com/articles/PR2_rRNA_gene_database/3803709). The Protist Ribosomal Reference Database provides an access to unicellular eukaryotes Small SubUnit rRNA and rDNA sequences with curated taxonomy. This database is helpful for environmental metabarcoding approaches.
. Aquasymbio (http://www.aquasymbio.fr/en/). Aquasymbio lists known symbioses in aquatic systems. This database is still under construction.
Major current research projects:
- The ANR Hapar project (2014-2019): The paradox of being a specialist for a parasite of marine blooming dinoflagellates. Resources: two genomes/transcriptomes of the parasite Amoebophrya.
- Paleogenetic approach on ancient DNA (aDNA) to understand past environmental phytoplanktonic communities. Thesis project of Khadidja Klouch (2013-2016), in codirection with Siano Raffaele (Ifremer).